My kid's got a thing for Peter Parker. Don't ask where it started or why, but ever since she first saw him all decked out she's been into him. That's all right I guess. I mean, he's a little old, but then he'll still be in his 20s when she gets there, so I'm not worried. Besides, how many women can say their son-in-law can climb up vertical drops? I mean even my mother can't say that. (Though her son-in-law is pretty amazing.)
On Friday after the museum I went over to Target to get a few things. Finnegan has size 12 month long-sleeved shirts and a number of size 6 month long-sleeved shirts, but he's almost 9 months and doesn't really fit either. So I was in the clearance section of toddler/baby boy clothes and Madie saw long-sleeved Marvel character tees. She pointed to one and said, "I want that Spider Man shirt." I held up a red one with Spidey on it and she said, "No, the blue one." I said, "That's Iron Man, Madie. See?" I unfolded it so she could see better. "Are you sure you want that one? This doesn't have Spider Man on it. It has Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, and The Hulk." She said, "Yes, that one. I'll get the Spider Man one later." Oh, well, thanks for spreading them out.
I don't usually buy my kids new clothes--they already have more than they can wear--but this is so different from everything Madie has and she specifically picked it out herself (even though the girl's rack of dresses and spring outfits was right next to us) that I thought I'd go ahead and get it. Besides, she promised she would wear it. So far so good--
we've had it five days and I've had to wash it three times.

6 comments:
Very chic Madie-mine. A fashionista in the making!
Awesome.
Conner, are you Dad?
She is too cute. Love the shirt. I was such a tomboy growing up with all boys. :)
ha ha that is awesome! Well she does look pretty amazing in that t-shirt!
Well, she and Brodi will get along great! Brodi's favorite is SpiderMan too. Who needs more grandsons when you have these two???
Post a Comment