Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sledding

We had to literally drag Madie out of the house to go sledding, she was not interested at all! We later found out she had a fever...which explains a lot. She is just so hesitant to try new things, that we often have to force her into them to make her realize "Hey, I like this!", which is the outcome 90% of the time.

After her first ride down the hill, Madie had this little smile on her face that she tried to mask...SEE WHAT I MEAN?!? The kid needs to be pushed onto the plank every once in a while! The Finn-Man even got a ride down, but didn't have much of a reaction. I guess that's good though.

Madie went down a couple more times, then called it a day.

Finn was really tired, so we just brought his car seat out and dropped him in to let him sleep.

I got to brush up on my snowskate skills...still there.

Mal even gave the snowskate a whirl.

Madie was pretty content watching, but was ready to head home. Once we got there, Madie curled up in her blanket on the couch and I don't think she left the couch until we put her to bed that night. Poor Madie, fevers are so uncomfortable. 
A FEW DAYS LATER....
 
I would say that one of Madie's favorite things to do in the snow is blaze trails by trudging through waist-deep powder. She was outside in 20 degree weather for over an hour. I even had to convince her to come in! She loves it though.

And she likes just plopping down and sitting in the snow. She may make a snow angel, or just move her mittens around in the powder. It especially helps now that Mumma made some new liners for her boots that keep her feet warm.

No comments: