Some final 2012 quotes by Miss Madeleine:
We've been talking a lot about nutrition--mostly what has vitamins and what doesn't and why it's important to eat lots of vitamins and a good variety of them--and Madie has brought it up a few times in different funny ways that change according to what she's eating. So, while she munches on an apple, she says this: "I hear the vitamins crunch."
Upstairs she pulls a long blonde hair off herself and says, "Look! I found a hair!" Me: "Yes you did. Wow! It's long!" Madie: "Yes, I found a hair. It's from me. A blondie hair."(Yes, my little blondie-haired child. I swear, she comes up with this stuff on her own.)
It took forever to snow this year--we are loaded with it now though--but Madie was not deterred. She continued to reassure us it would indeed snow: "Maybe it will snow tomorrow. The snow is taking a sleepy time."
As we turned onto a gravel and very wooded road some very dear friends live on this little conversation ensued: Me: "Madie, you're going to go play with Anne! Fun!" Madie: "Play with Anne? At her house?" Me: "Yes, her house is right up this road." Madie: "No, Mum. This is where people camp sometimes." (Welcome to Maine.)
And finally--and you'll love this, Lex--on the way home from church I get this little gem out of the clear blue: "Mum, can I see your big, giant teeth?"
We've been talking a lot about nutrition--mostly what has vitamins and what doesn't and why it's important to eat lots of vitamins and a good variety of them--and Madie has brought it up a few times in different funny ways that change according to what she's eating. So, while she munches on an apple, she says this: "I hear the vitamins crunch."
Upstairs she pulls a long blonde hair off herself and says, "Look! I found a hair!" Me: "Yes you did. Wow! It's long!" Madie: "Yes, I found a hair. It's from me. A blondie hair."(Yes, my little blondie-haired child. I swear, she comes up with this stuff on her own.)
It took forever to snow this year--we are loaded with it now though--but Madie was not deterred. She continued to reassure us it would indeed snow: "Maybe it will snow tomorrow. The snow is taking a sleepy time."
As we turned onto a gravel and very wooded road some very dear friends live on this little conversation ensued: Me: "Madie, you're going to go play with Anne! Fun!" Madie: "Play with Anne? At her house?" Me: "Yes, her house is right up this road." Madie: "No, Mum. This is where people camp sometimes." (Welcome to Maine.)
And finally--and you'll love this, Lex--on the way home from church I get this little gem out of the clear blue: "Mum, can I see your big, giant teeth?"
3 comments:
My favorite Madie moment: (after she passed gas and asked what she should say) "Dad's not here." I laughed so hard at the cunning of a three year old trying to pass the blame to her dad.
Hahaha! I know, Shaine!
So cute! I love hearing how she is putting everything together. You are awesome for remembering to write these down!
Post a Comment