Sunday, December 9, 2012

Hello Santa!

We saw a fun, white-and-red-striped mailbox in the post office down town, so we came home and wrote a letter Saint Nicholas. I meant to snap a shot of the mailbox when we went to mail it, but I forgot both the camera and my phone! But here's the sweet little work.

I drew that sad little purple candy cane for Miss Fi per her request. The blue one is about 2/3 Madie and 1/3 me--she's just starting to make recognizable shapes--and the green one in the middle is all her. 

And her adorable letter! I love this! Just in case you can't read it, it says, "Hello, Santa! It's Christmas! Please fill my stocking. I want candy canes from you in my stockings. (So does Mumma.) They're really nummy. And please give my friend Lottie green candy canes. One, two, three candy canes! Have a merry Christmas!" 

I'll be honest, I prompted her--hello! She's 3. She doesn't know how to write a letter. She hardly grasps the full concept of it. But I tried really hard not to put words in her mouth. I would just say things like, "How should we start it? We could say, Dear Santa, or Hello Santa," and she said, "Hello Santa!" It was so cute. And sounds just like her.

She said the sun was in her eyes. 

And then she played with Dad's swim goggles, while wearing her snow suit, and these are the awesome shots I got.






3 comments:

Familia CedeƱo said...

She is beautiful Mal! :) So sweet, I am looking forward to when Samuel writes his letters!

Karen said...

I love that girl! She's so adorable and I miss her tons!

Tiffany said...

Lovin it!! way to keep up on your blog!! Proud of you for staying strong with facebook...I so am not...but am doing good staying off when the family is up and awake...i just realized i plan way to many parties anad events and they are near impossible without FB :)