Thursday, October 4, 2012

Zion National Park

We left Grandma Clark's home early on Monday morning and began our journey to Nana and Papas house in Arizona. Madie was a happy camper and ready to go!

We saw some beautiful colors on our drive down. Hard to see in the photo.

At a rest stop, Madie was too scared to get out due to a 'tractor' (lawn mower), so she opted to play in the drivers seat.

It's always an adventure to turn on the car and see what has been turned off or on after she has played with it.

We got to the first entrance into Zion, which lead to Kolob Canyons. This was our first view. It was beautiful!


These canyons were very impressive. I wish we could have seen it in the peak of fall.

Finn is a frequent eater, so we decided to get out to stretch our legs on a trail.

We also got some lunch.

Caption this!

I love eating some Finn cheeks.

Happy Birthday Mal! This was her official birthday. What better way to spend it than to hit the trail of a National Park? That's the best I could do despite the long drive.

Finn was nice and cozy in the wrap.




Madie loves hiking. She is getting to the point to where she likes to actually hike, and not just sit in the pack on Dads back.



I think my favorite parts of the park was the drive from the Visitor Center through the East Entrance. I wish we could have spent more than 3 hours at the park. There is always a lot more to see and explore. I feel that we got a few of the basics out of the way though.

We will definitely have to come back one day and hike the narrows, see the subway, and hike angels landing.

1 comment:

Ryan and Jessica said...

Looks like you are having fun in your travels!!! Miss you guys!!! Love all the cute pics!