Friday, October 26, 2012

Thanks

I think right now is a great time for a thankful post. I'm going to try to be very specific right now rather than more general--like "family." I mean, of course I'm thankful for my family, but rather than say something like that I want to keep it more precise so I can read this years from now and remember exactly why I feel the way I do.

First and foremost, I am so thankful for Alexa's call yesterday. I needed a good, hardy laugh, and when Alexa's on the phone I'm almost guaranteed to get one. And yesterdays what harder than usual--I don't know why that story never struck me so funny before, Lex, but I was just in tears (for the second time!) laughing over it with you. And I love thinking of all the things that could have happened in that short period of time.

                  Officer: You fell from the car? Where's the car?
                  Me: It left.
                  Officer: Who was with you in the car?
                  Me: My grandmother, my mum, and my big sister.

Hahahaha! I'm laughing to myself even as I type this and Madie keeps asking me, "What?"

I'm also thankful for what a great big sister Finnegan has. Madie is hard to deal with some days, but she is always a sweet big sister--even if sometimes her love for Finn is a little overwhelming.

Speaking of Madie, I am sooooo thankful (and hopeful) that it looks like her eating habits may slowly (oh, ever so slowly) be turning back to the way they were before she turned 2. She has been much more willing to lick things lately that she doesn't think she likes.

And on that note I'm also thankful for Dr. Seuss and coming up with the phrase, "Say! I like green eggs and ham! I do! I like them Sam-I-Am!" because Madie loves it when we say that after she's tried something new. (Only we modify it to fit whatever she's tasted.) Hallelujah for putting ingenious authors on the world for us all to enjoy.

I'm also thankful for rainymoods.com. Finn is finally asleep. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love thankful posts! You have such a great family, Mal!(immediate & extended) How do we bribe Alexa to move back into our branch?

Mal said...

Haha! Trust me, I'm working on it! I do think I have the biggest draws though--ME AND MIKE! Okay, actually the kids, but whatever.

MJ said...

That book 'fixed' Aidan, too. So grateful for that book.