Friday, October 19, 2012

Week One

Today marks one week since we moved into the rental. Mike had his first week of work and the kids and I are--I think--finally in some sort of a schedule. So, an update, I feel, is due.


The Finn-man doing his neck exercises. The kid's getting strong. He is rolling onto his side from his back. And even scooching around a bit on his belly!


Mum came down with us and helped us get settled as much as she could. She wanted a sweet picture with Madie the day she left, but Madie kept acting out. I have three pictures, and this is the best one. (One of them Mum isn't smiling, another Madie's picking her nose, and the third she's got her eyes closed.) 


The landlord has had roofers working to prep for winter and they were here every day until today. Hallelujah! 



We went out the other day to explore our back yard. The yard itself isn't huge because of the woods, but it looks like we have a decent amount of land about us in the back. Madie loves running around back there acting out scenes from her favorite movies, Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella

Shot 1: Nice faces but a little dark.
So we'll turn around and face the sun.

Shot 2: Nice light, but weird faces. Oh well.

Today we passed some time while Finnegan was napping by making paper planes and coloring them. Then we flew them around for like 45 minutes before Madie's quiet time. She loved it! (Pardon all the odd shots--it's hard to handle the camera one-handed because of it's bulk.)





It's been a good first week, minus the utter lack of sleep I've had.

4 comments:

Jessica :) said...

Glad you guys are getting settled in. Good luck with the schedule/routine!

Ben and Kristen Call said...

You guys have a backyard!?! I am so jealous! Glad you guys are getting settled.

Mal said...

Kristen, we're renting a house this winter with the hopes to buy our own next spring. We're so excited! And SO ready not to live in apartments any more!

ML said...

You have a fairy in the backyard?! Awesome!