I had my 6-week postpartum appointment yesterday and the doctor says all systems are a go. Thank heavens! I have been feeling so restless since Finn was born. I have trouble with RLS in my arms (not officially diagnosed, but according to all descriptions I'm sure that's what it is) when I'm inactive. It's not bad enough usually to wake me up at night but it will keep me up if I haven't done enough physically for a couple of days. But for the first month or so after having a baby I'm supposed to take it easy (which is understandable) and so it gets really bad during my night-time nursings. I had the same problem when I was breastfeeding Madeleine. I finish nursing and then I have to get up and do some push ups or something to get back to sleep. It's a good thing I'm typically an active person or it would bother me all the time!
To celebrate, I decided to start on my postpartum activity. With Madie it was swimming three times a week. We do have pool in our complex here but it's not very warm at all, so that's a no. Instead I've decided to pick up running. I was telling Mike that I used to love running in high school but the few times I've gone on runs since then I've found it torturous and boring. Even sprints seem horrendous to me.
Then it hit me: running is all fine and well but what I really liked in high school was the racing. I don't get to race people when I'm just running on a trail. Anyway, I've decided to start running again on my own and I will race my own times. Hopefully beating myself will keep me distracted enough to not think about the fact that I can't breathe or feel my legs.
I've got a long way to go before I can keep up with Mr. I-Do-A-Triathalon-Every-Morning Mike, but it's a start.
When I got back Madie commented on my pony tail and headband and asked, "Are you going to Zumba?" I explained I was wearing it just for a run which makes me sweat like Zumba (actually, Zumba probably makes me sweat more--TMI?). Then she ran into her room and got herself a headband. Then got Dad one. Then got Finn one.
In other exciting news, Little Lady Madeleine had her very first dentist appointment yesterday! She came home with a CARTLOAD of goodies--floss, new shades, and a Winnie-the-Pooh toothbrush that she got to pick out! Then Dada--who also had a dentist appointment but came home with far less-exciting loot--took her across the street to the bakery for breakfast!
I'm still not sure if that was a treat more for her or for him. (Actually, I am sure, but to save his face, I won't disclose...have I said to much?)
To celebrate, I decided to start on my postpartum activity. With Madie it was swimming three times a week. We do have pool in our complex here but it's not very warm at all, so that's a no. Instead I've decided to pick up running. I was telling Mike that I used to love running in high school but the few times I've gone on runs since then I've found it torturous and boring. Even sprints seem horrendous to me.
Then it hit me: running is all fine and well but what I really liked in high school was the racing. I don't get to race people when I'm just running on a trail. Anyway, I've decided to start running again on my own and I will race my own times. Hopefully beating myself will keep me distracted enough to not think about the fact that I can't breathe or feel my legs.
I've got a long way to go before I can keep up with Mr. I-Do-A-Triathalon-Every-Morning Mike, but it's a start.
When I got back Madie commented on my pony tail and headband and asked, "Are you going to Zumba?" I explained I was wearing it just for a run which makes me sweat like Zumba (actually, Zumba probably makes me sweat more--TMI?). Then she ran into her room and got herself a headband. Then got Dad one. Then got Finn one.
| Nothing like a sequined orange headband to make you feel masculine. |
In other exciting news, Little Lady Madeleine had her very first dentist appointment yesterday! She came home with a CARTLOAD of goodies--floss, new shades, and a Winnie-the-Pooh toothbrush that she got to pick out! Then Dada--who also had a dentist appointment but came home with far less-exciting loot--took her across the street to the bakery for breakfast!
I'm still not sure if that was a treat more for her or for him. (Actually, I am sure, but to save his face, I won't disclose...have I said to much?)
| Modeling a pair of shades. The ones she came home with are multicolored. Very chic. |
5 comments:
LOVE the headband picture! Too cute!
i would want to go to a bakery after the dentist too, so they are not alone.
I love the headband photo! So cute!
Love the picture at the dentist!! :)
Cute headbands all! Good luck figuring out how to distract yourself while running. :)
Post a Comment