Saturday, June 2, 2012

Highlights of Today

Hearing Mike tell a hilarious stinky-kid story from 5th grade during our morning walk.

Hearing Madie bless "our cheese" at lunch--of which there was none.

Having Mike pick me up and carry me to my bed after seeing how uncomfortable I was trying to nap on the couch with less than a cushion to myself.

Having Mike come in and wake me up by rubbing my feet.

Grocery shopping with Mike along--not that it never happens--I just always appreciate having another adult there when I go.

When Mike and I convinced each other of the necessity of buying Ghirardelli's double chocolate brownie mix. Then subsequently buying it.

Watching Madie multi-task by holding her sippy cup in her teeth and taking swigs from it as needed while she carted around both dollies in one hand and picked books out to read with the other, until she finally tripped over her sweater and I suggested she just put the dollies down.

Hearing Madie say her evening prayer (this is always a highlight). Tonight it included that "Madie sleeps well" (said in the third person).

Sucking a black licorice honey stick we picked up at the farmer's market a couple weeks ago. It was delightful.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good choice on the brownie mix. :-)
I am thinking of you! I'm glad your mom will be there with you soon!

Halsey said...

Third person is classic. And I love the cheese. KJ usually opens his eyes to see whatever we're eating. At lunch yesterday he blessed "the cheese, and the apple, and the pears, and the cheese, and the pears..." ad lib. It was great.