Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Madie's Corner

Miss Madie has a little corner in her room that has apparently become very special to her. I was hoping it would serve as a sitting area where she would read, but it has become so much more! (In a good way.)


Madie does use it as a place to read (all the books are over there, so it makes the most sense). She loves to flip through her books and look at the pictures.

Madie also listens to music in her corner. I have recently moved the cd player down to the floor for two reasons: a) Madie can now turn it on and off her self and b) I needed to make room for the spinning disco ball light Aunt Alexa gave Madie for her birthday.


Here's a classic picture of Madie lying in front of her cd player (right behind the corner of the dresser) and listening to her children's music. I've told some of you of this, but for those who haven't heard, Madie loves to dance and she loves to listen to children's music, but not at the same time. If she's going to dance it's going to be to something like The Blackeyed Peas or Shakira. But when it's time to listen to kid's music, that's it. Don't sing, don't hum, don't dance, don't bob your head. Just listen. She's slowly starting to grow out of that, but that was the rule for quite a while.


We had trouble for a while getting Madie to stay in her toddler bed at nap time. She wouldn't come out of her room, but she'd get up and play a little, or knock on the door and ask for a drink. Most of the time though she'd just get up and go sit by the cd player and listen. But she wouldn't fall asleep. Finally I decided to just put her there to begin with.

I think I can consider it a success.

Anyone else have a corner for their kid?

3 comments:

Jessica :) said...

How cute! And so fun for her that she has a place she loves to be. Everyone should have a special place like that. Clever of you to put her on the floor next to her CD player for her nap. Looks like you won. :)

Karen said...

She's so cute. I love her little corner - what a fun place for her to hang out! I don't think it matters where she has a nap, as long as she has one - great idea! Oh, she's cute!

ML said...

"In my own little corner in my own little chair..." So sweet!