Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Nursery Report: Part 1


Madie isn't 18 months old yet, but we really wanted to try and get her into the nursery at church. Mostly for Mal and everyone in sunday school's sake. It's really hard for her to sit still in the adult class, she just wants to run around and often gets bored really easily. Luckily, we don't have a nazi for a nursery leader and they let Madie in a few weeks early. Here is the transcribed hand-written report from Connie Lee, nursery leader:

Madie was wonderful in class today. She loved the rocking chair and baby dolls. She also enjoyed the rocking horsie, puzzles, and snack time. What sign language does she know? We know many signs - so if we know which words she can sign we will use them with her. She is so delightful! We love having her in class! Love, Connie

When I picked her up from class, she was so into the activities that she really could have cared less that I was there. One of the nursery helpers said she was on the rocking chair for about 20 minutes (obsessed?). The primary music leader said that she was really getting into the songs too.

The thing about Madie is she loves to be around other kids and is very active. She is very extroverted, which is kind of crazy to notice at such a young age for her. Being the youngest in my family and this being my first kid, I really haven't been around a child on a daily basis for a long period of time. Just some Madie tidbits.

4 comments:

ML said...

She's a dream!

Karen said...

Madie is very lucky to have such a good nursery leader. I've never known a nursery leader to send such a great note! Maybe I've just been in the wrong wards.....

Mal said...

I asked a friend if she thought it would be a big deal if I tried to get Madie into nursery a couple weeks early and she said it's always good to ask. She asked the nursery leader of her second kid if he could start the Sunday before his birthday (which was the next day) and the leader said no, he'd have to wait a week. Weird, huh?! I was like, "Man, I thought they only ever called cool people who like kids to work in the nursery." I guess I was wrong. But Sister Lee is great! I think Madie's going to love it the whole time she's in it!

MJ said...

She's an ADORABLE girl! Glad she's getting the socialization she seems to really need!