It was almost perfect today: cool but not cold; breezy, but not blowing dirt in my face. The only downside was the sky didn't have that completely clear fall look where the late afternoon sun almost makes it seem like you can pick out each particle in the air individually. Of course, considering it hasn't rained for three months, the overcast and the little drops I felt were welcomed. I've enjoyed NorCal, but I miss summer rainstorms. (Arizonians, don't use your occasional monsoons to try to bring us down. It's not going to work.)
Thus I change the blog background! Yes, it is time. Time for thinking of birthdays and holidays and parties.
On a completely different topic, guess what I just figured out and confirmed today! A lady who works at the library--one of the nice ones--is an inactive member of our ward! I noticed the name signed at the end of my visiting teaching check-up was Sandy (I won't give the last name) and that her email mentioned libraries. I thought, "Hmmm...I know a Sandy who works at the library. But I don't know of any woman in our ward with this name." Tonight at a Relief Society service project, a woman asked me if I had done my visiting teaching. I told her yes and asked her if she knew this woman. She told me they were neighbors but that she's been inactive since they met thirty years ago. (She suggested that the husband might have been offended at something.)
Man, dedicated to her calling. That is incredible! Inactive for thirty years and still keeps her lists updated enough to check up on whether or not I did my visiting teaching! Both I and the family of women I teach are brand new this summer!
4 comments:
OH NO! In trying to update blog colors, etc. and widen the posting section of the blog, I have RUINED my template! UGH! And now I can't get it back. I don't think they have the old templates on Blogger anymore. :(
Ahhh, nevermind. I was clever and thought to look it up on Google.
I love you Google. If I weren't already married...
That is amazing that Sandy is still doing her calling when she hasn't been to church in 30 years! It sounds like she is great at it since she keeps up with all the new sisters. That is no easy task!
I would like to say that we in AZ wish we had monsoons, but this year has been a VERY DRY ONE, unfortunately! I would take bay area weather anyday and wish I could post about fall since it's my favorite season, but I can't get into that yet when it's still HOT. Soon enough though. At least we made it through another summer and we have 9 months of great weather to look forward to. Enjoy your fall weather! I'm jealous...
Post a Comment