Living so close to work has been a dream come true. I ride my bike to work everyday and still get home quicker than the majority of my coworkers. Well last Friday, this dream turned into a nightmare! I was pulling out of our apartment complex onto the road, as usual, and began to get up to my normal pace by standing up and pedaling. As I was doing so, my gears all of the sudden went out meaning I went from gear 15 to gear 0 in an instant! Needless to say, my body wasn't ready for the sudden drop and next thing I knew I laying on my right side on the asphalt. I stood up as quick as I could and did a self inspection to make sure I didn't have any broken bones. My elbow was the first part of my body to hit the pavement which was kind of scary. Based on my immediate light-headedness, it was a huge shock for my body, and I had to sit back down for a few minutes to get myself together. An older Japanese lady that really didn't speak any English came over to try and see if I was alright, but I had not idea what she was saying. I just tried to indicate that I was okay the best I could. I then decided it would be best to go back home and get cleaned off. The pictures aren't pretty! The scrapes on the hips were the worst, they are still struggling to heal. Anyways, I've been taking it easy on my rides to work since this incident.
2 comments:
Ughh. that looks horrible. I hope you're doing better and I hope you got your bike tuned up. I'm glad you're okay otherwise.....bad as it was - it could have been much worse.
That's a little more of your hip than I ever really wanted to see!
BTW, hopefully you wear a helmet?
Post a Comment