Tuesday, August 10, 2010

To infinity, and beyond!

We had a surprise visit from Grampy Conner a few weeks ago, and he brought a present for Madie! Check out that outfit! She has already made up her mind and has decided to become a synchronized swimmer.

She's had some fun with magnets on the fridge..

While we are busy in the kitchen, we set her in front of the fridge to 'go to work' and 'help out'. She is a very diligent and dedicated magnet organizer. She can pull herself to her knees any day of the week, and sometimes she'll surprise you and pull herself to her feet.

For our anniversary, I had a surprise date planned for Mal. Lately, we have been discussing hte possibility of visiting Europe within the next three years (preferably after grad school), and have even been attempting to learn some Italian! It's kind of hard when both of your second languages are respectively Russian and Spanish. This is some good middle ground for us. This date was going to be Euro-themed! So I had originally decided on this Italian restaurant at Jack London Square in Oakland, but due to some traffic on the freeway en route to the restaurant we were running late! I called an audible and decided to head right over to the Lake Chalet Restaurant to make our 7:00 reservation for our European experience. But don't worry, this restaurant was no slouch on quality. The food was awesome!

What experience you might ask? A Venetian gondola ride at Lake Merrit!

I'm not going to lie, at first I was kind of skeptical about how good the ride was going to be. Especially since it wasn't in Venice, Italy. But, I do have to say it was really cool and I enjoyed it! We just so happened to get the sunset 7:00 pm tour, so the views were amazing. Our gondola paddler was even imported from Venice! This is as close as we'll get to Europe for now.

We have been married for two full years now. It's really hard to imagine what life was like before Mallory, or Madeleine (who is coming up on a year next week). It really feels like we have been together all along. Happy anniversary honey!

2 comments:

ML said...

I love the photos! I'm glad you had such a fun anniversary.

andalucy said...

You guys look great, though of course Maddie is the bomb.

Come to Spain and you can stay with us. We'd love that!