Happy first birthday to Madie! We are so happy to have this little girl in our family. Everyday when I get home from work, I can't wait to get on all fours and play with her. She was actually my parents anniversary gift last year, since she was coincidentally born on their anniversary. My parents were actually able to make it out for Madie's/their special day. We decided to go to Monterey and Carmel, which was so much fun! We went to the wharf in Monterey and got some chowder in sourdough breadbowls which was amazing. Madie really liked it! After Monterey, we went to Carmel to walk around. I hadn't been to Carmel in a while, but I have been meaning to take Mal there since it's such a pretty area. I'm glad we were able to go.

I was actually pretty terrible about taking pictures this day. I didn't start taking pictures until we got to Carmel. I guess since we have been to Monterey a few times lately, I didn't even think about pulling out the camera. So unfortunately, this is my only picture with my parents holding Maidie! This one is of Madie screaming at the dog. She goes crazy everytime she sees one! She takes out her little index finger, points, and screams to try and get the dogs attention.

Lone Cypress, along the 17-mile drive.

A lot of the architecture in Carmel was very impressive. It almost made you feel as if you were in some 700 year old town in Europe somewhere.

Of course, for Madie's birthday, she was BEGGING us to see all the art galleries. How could we refuse?

Mal with Al.

This is right outside an art shop that my cousin has a few pieces in. His name is Bryan Taylor, and he teaches at the San Francisco Art Institute (where he also studied) and has been very successful selling art. The store said that a lot of people have become very interested in his art. He apparently sells his for cheaper, and with the current economic situation that is a great advantage for him. We would love to get together with him sometime soon, but he is currently in Italy with his family for the summer to paint!

We saw a lot of these.

This made me feel like it was October.

Madie on the way back.

And Ready for bed! We got back too late to do the 'Ceremony of the Cake Diving'. But we have more pictures and video from the weekend! I don't want to do it all at once, that would spoil all the fun ;)
3 comments:
Happy Happy Birthday to Madie...happy it was a good one!! We need t get you all the 12-18 month clothes fro Shannon...I don't think they ever got to you right?? There were some good ones in there!!! :) Can't WAIT for ov. t meet her!!
Looks like you had a lot of fun!! I cannot believe it has already been a year. Life really goes by so much faster when you have a little one, huh?!
One? I don't believe it! I mean, I'm still 18. Don't laugh... I'm being serious! :) Happy Birthday Maddie!
Post a Comment