I want to see this movie. It's up for best animated film, and I hadn't even heard about it until this week! It uses a method of art called illumination. For those of you who don't read Old English texts, illumination is when the text is accompanied by decoration (kind of like this blog border). In its strictest sense, it is inlaid with gold and silver. I'm sure everyone has seen it in one place or another.

My understanding is that The Secret of Kells is based on an old manuscript that was transliterated and illuminated by Irish monks. The film follows a young boy named Brendon who lives in the monastery and an older monk named Kells who is known for his illuminations. But enough of my blabber, here's the trailer!
1 comment:
I would LOVE to see that movie, too! I'd never heard of it, either. I saw the Book of Kells at Trinity in Dublin.
Post a Comment