if she wasn't so busy licking it.
This year for Valentine's we made lobster tails (like last year) 'cause Mike saw them on sale again and just couldn't get them out of his mind. We also had lemon-garlic asparagus, which is always delicious! And in the back there are some jumbo pasta shells stuffed with a spinach filling. So so good!
We washed it all down with our favorite sparkling juice--Kristian Regale. We love to try different kinds. This year we had black currant. It was excellent.
And as dessert we had panna cotta with lemon curd and honey. I've never made lemon curd or panna cotta, and I've never had this combination, but it sounded good. It wasn't bad, but the panna cotta is much better with berries. Plus the lemon curd is too close in texture to the panna cotta. (I must say though, this lemon curd came out SPECTACULAR! I looked around for a recipe, and this one said there would be no lumps, which is a common problem. They were right! Smooth as could be!)
Happy Valentine's Day! We love you all!
5 comments:
So, being a Maine-iac, how are the lobster tails? Have any good way of cooking them (I tried the lobster tail at Joe's Crab Shack for my birthday a few years ago, and it just wasn't good; not sure if it's because I was in Colorado or if it's because they weren't steamed)?
We have our traditional Valentine's day meal--steak with asparagus and wild rice, and pomegranate or blueberry pomegranate juice to drink. We might have to try this Kristian Regale sometime, though.
You can come cook at my house next Valentine's Day!
Congratulations on the new job!
MJ: the lobster tails are baked in a small pool of water and are sprinkled with melted melted butter, parsley, and lemon. Frankly, probably the reason you didn't like the lobster tails is because they were not whole lobsters. That's always hard to give up.
Joey: thanks! We're excited to have some income!
Sounds delicious. You should put some recipes on here. I am very interested.
Madie is so darn cute!
John and I love the claw best. I wish they sold claws frozen, so tender. I have never tried panna cotta. Looks delicious.
Post a Comment