I'm posting with a 21 1/2 inch long parasite that takes up my chest, belly, and left arm so I'm typing a little slow. I ask you to pardon any typos.
First of all, I finally got my hair cut. I've been looking at styles since April or so but haven't been able to find one I liked and was long enough to not break Mike's heart until the day I went into labor. Then it took about two weeks until I could sit on a hard seat again so that's when I made the appointment.
I'm actually glad it worked out the way it did. In certain island cultures the women cut their hair shortly after having a kid -- in fact it's traditionally the only time they get it cut. I don't know all the reasons behind it, but I think it's going to become a tradition of mine to let it grow long during pregnancy and then chop it short a few weeks after. There are few things as effective as a really different hairstyle to make you feel fresh and clean after such a draining and frankly gross ordeal as delivery. I highly recommend it.
Madie was blessed! Her gown and bonnet were made by my cousin, Chelsea. She's got more stuff here.
We just put the bonnet on for this picture. We took it off 'cause she kept trying to eat the ties. And it's just a tad big. I'm excited for her to grow into it though; I think she'll be wicked cute!
She was blessed at home by Mike, Dad, Bryan, Bishop Packer and one of Mike's closest friends, Sean.
The crowds are gone. Grammy and Grampy and Aunt Eden headed out on Wednesday. It was great having everyone here -- especially Mum, she was such a help -- but it's nice to be in some kind of routine and to have our new apartment in order. We miss everyone more than ever though and look forward to weekly video chats!
School has started. Mike has two classes and I have five. We're both working part time too. I know: a fairly typical new-parents-still-in-school situation, but it's still daunting. Thankfully, the Lord gave us two great first days of school. We both feel relaxed and that we maintain some sort of control over our situation. We don't even need a babysitter but for three hours a week!
For more pictures, we should all hound my mother for a post of her own. :)
5 comments:
so glad everything is going well. she does look super cute in there bonnet. i understand about typing with one hand. it makes typing with two seem really fast. but before you know it, you're doing everything with one hand...that can be done that way.
What a cute blessing dress! Aww shes getting bigger! I wanna see her again and again and again... okay, i admit, i want another baby.
That's great that you had so much family visiting!
I love your hair, it's wicked cute!
EEEEK! She is changing. Make her stop. I can't believe that she already looks so much older. What a beautiful girl, and you know, I think she has the Mallie eyes.
Glad to hear all went well with the blessing. Wish we could have been there, we were thinking about you.
Post a Comment