Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July REDEMPTION!

Our 4th of July turned out to be a great success. We ended up going down to Utah to visit family and stay at the Watkins family cabin. It was so green up by the cabin! Mal even said, and I quote "This really reminds me of Maine." Now that says a lot! I think that was the most green and lush I had seen it for a while. We had a really good spring. We spent a lot of time with Grandma Clark too, which was really fun. She is always so nice to host us for sporadic weekend trips. We also got to catch up with some cousins. It was a very successful trip.

We did some sealings at the Mt. Timpanogos Temple on Friday morning. The Jordan River Temple was closed for maintenance, and so was the Provo Temple. Needless to say, it was REALLY busy. We were glad we got to go though.

Alright, here is your belly shot! She's getting bigger! =)

Up along the Alpine Loop road, about 50 yards away from the Watkins Cabin are some horses. We had some fun visiting them and petting them.

This was taken from where the horses were. This is the back side of Mt. Timpanogos, probably one of the most picturesque views.

Quiz: What kind of flower is this?

The morning of the 4th of July, we decided to take a hike to Stewart Falls, above Sundance. Our friends Jo-Nathan and Rachael came to hang out with us for a little bit.

I must say, Mal is quite the trooper. She hiked the 3 miles NO PROBLEM! Pretty good considering she is due in 6 weeks.

Very beautiful grove on the way back from Stewart Falls.

Mal and Rachael prepping the fire pit for the BBQ lunch.

For some reason, Jo went off yonder to drag a dead tree near the fire pit, and ended up stepping in some deep mud. A few minutes later, he stepped into the icy cold river to clean up.

That was my "I'm so hungry" face.

After lunch, we stopped by Sundance Resort on the way down to Orem. They have a glass-making business near the Art Shack. It was cool to watch, I had never seen it before.

Putting the ice-cream maker to the test. It was dang good!

Before we headed back to Rexburg, Grandma Clark gave us our first baby blanket! She made it herself, isn't it awesome? Thanks for the great weekend Grandma!

5 comments:

ML said...

I love the blanket! What a wonderful keepsake. I'm glad you two had fun.
My flower guess is columbine.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Mum! I think you're right! I thought at first it might be some kind of orchid, but the stem wasn't tough enough. But yes, columbine is definitely it!

Shannon said...

Sam and Maddie have twin blankets!! Sam always loved looking at the pink sheep. For some reason he would always gravitate to it.

Jordan Flake said...

Hey guys, Your fourth looked awesome. Joe Nathan was there?! Fun. I was a little concerned when I saw the glass blower...."let me do this, this is my day to do this"

Your baby is coming so soon. I cant believe it. It will be fun to see you guys again. Hopefully soon.

Michael said...

Haha yeah, Jo-nathan was there. He is getting married in August! When you coming to the mainland? We are moving to Utah in January, and hopefully will start grad school there. Haha, yeah, I thought about that when I posted the picture about the glass blower.