Friday, July 17, 2009

Recently

Doing my internship with INL certainly has it's perks. We got invited to Maleluca Field to watch the minor league baseball team Idaho Falls Chukars play. We got to sit in the corporate box, which is always fun. Especially when it's catered with Texas Roadhouse! =) I'm pretty sure I had three plates of meat/salad, and that's not an exaggeration.

There is the field. It was actually an exciting game! Made me miss watching baseball.
There is our intern group. It's a mix of engineers, industrial hygienists/environmental, and construction management. Universities include Penn State, University of Texas San Antonio, University of Idaho in Moscow, Utah State University, and of course BYU-Idaho.

Today, I got a call from my Bishop wondering if I wanted to float down the Warm River with him. Friday's are my day off, so I jumped at the opportunity! It was so much fun to get out on the water and spend some time with him. He is a busy man.

We ended the journey on Ashton Reservoir, and there was a whole flock of White American Pelicans. They were huge!

There were a few spots where the rapids got us a bit wet, but it was fairly calm otherwise. It was overcast and warm too, which is always a good thing.

1 comment: