We finally got the rocker! (I say finally, but it's actually about five or six days earlier than I was expecting it. We were just anxious, especially since we weren't going to be here the days it was supposed to be delivered.) We ran out to do some quick errands--walk around the farmer's market and run to the store for a wedding card for a friend--we weren't gone longer than 40 minutes. When we got back there was a note on our door about a UPS package that needed our signature so they couldn't just leave it for us. WHAT?! It was after 5:30 pm and we were gone for such a short amount of time! They wouldn't be doing business again until Monday, and they marked that they would try again between 2 and 5 pm that day--again, not gonna be here. Lame. So Mike jumped online and called the dispatcher and she said it was at the terminal which closed at 5:30 (ten minutes away) so we called the dispatcher and he said we could come pick it up. So Mike ran over there and brought it back and immediately started putting it together.
I was glad he was so enthusiastic to put it together--I thought he might want to wait until we moved in three weeks, although the chair is easier to move than that box! I had to stop him part-way through though because dinner was ready.
Mike fitting the base onto the seat, lining up holes and all that.
Just dusting off the packaging residue. I love the color! I'm so glad I was able to find it in such a dark wood!
My belly shot for the week. Not a great one I know, but that's it.
Me in about a month.
Daddy tries it out.
Thanks so much, Mum and Dad (and Grammy and Grampy Conner, since Madeleine will like it too)! Now for the really big task: making a seat cushion. Luckily I know talented women. In fact, that is my talent: knowing talented women. It really comes in a lot more useful than people think.
9 comments:
That is one nice looking rocker! Baby girl will love being cuddled and loved on it.
wow it's beautiful! and man do you look just like mum in that last picture of you!!
hey mal, yeah you look just like mum in that picture of you sleeping in the rocking chair.
um...that's not a bad thing, but still a little funny.
love dad
Yes, you really do look incredibly like your mother in that shot!
Well, I'm glad I captured the Mum-comatose-on-the-couch look. I was kind of going for that. Of course, I do need to work on getting my mouth to open a little wider, and children and a book would be fantastic props. Someday in the future.
You look great in the rocker, Mal! I didn't get a rocker until my youngest child was about a year old. Isn't that weird?
Yuk, yuk, yuk--you guys are hilarious.
I'm glad you like the rocker--I wouldn't have taken a bag of gold for mine!
It's just like my rocking chair - the one I rocked Michael in as a baby - awww - I'm so glad you got one.
Yea for rockers! My MIL is letting us use their La-Z-Boy while we stay with them, but I'd LOVELOVELOVE a glider rocker when we get our own place. It's nice to be able to rock your baby to sleep.
You only have 4 weeks!! I'm so excited for you!
Post a Comment