Mike wants to go kayaking or hiking or something on Friday, I'm sure. That's fine, except that I can't go. (I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm a little out of commission in the "Working Your Abs Department.) Normally this wouldn't matter since I'm in classes all day Friday, so Mike goes to the temple, then if he has time, on a hike or something. But THIS weekend, I get Thursday and Friday off, so I'll have nothing to do while he's gone. I guess I could go with him and just hang out at the ending point of his trek or something, but that wouldn't be much of an improvement. Although I guess I could take a friend. Or a book. (They're really just about the same to me.)
Again, not seeing my husband for an afternoon really wouldn't be a big deal if we lived at all a normal schedule. But we don't. Mike's work and stake calling keep him the majority of the week/weekend, and my classes keep me the rest of the time we would normally spend together.
But it's more than all that. We also just don't know what to do on the actual 4th. Other than make ice cream. That's pretty much set in stone, since Mike's been waiting more than patiently for the first legitimate holiday to arrive since we've had the freezer. We've talked about going camping again, which I'd be up to. The last two times have been pretty fun. We'd just have to find a couple of couples to go, so maybe we'll invite the same people as were going to go to the cabin with us. I've also suggested a barbeque, watching a movie on a projector (if we can borrow one), and/or even a bon fire out at Beaver Dick or something. But apparently none of those sound interesting/are sinking in to Mike because he keeps asking me what I want to do for the Fourth.
Any suggestions?
6 comments:
well, you could always just...um...stay in bed...
COME TO AZ and go to our cabin here!!
Sorry Tiff, I don't know that it would be worth it for a four-day weekend. (Well, for Mike it's only a three-day weekend.)
well you could do homework...you know get ahead so the next 3 weeks aren't too bad.
we could leave sterling with you but my grandma would give us a hard time for "forgetting to pack" sterling.
for the 4th you could go to IF. we had a good time when we went s few years ago. just park by the hwy. or buy your own fireworks and put a show on for the complex. sorry that's all that i can think of. i'll try and think of somethings that i did when i could no longer join andrew in his playtime....i think i read a lot of books.
Beaver Dick? Who names these places?
Beaver Dick I guess was the nickname of a friend of Brigham Young's (or so the story goes) and he was sent to settle one of the places up here. Something like that. Yeah, I thought someone was making an obscene joke about the place when I first heard it. You know, implying that it's a big make-out place or something.
Post a Comment