So we decided to drive up to Island Park Saturday morning. It had been raining all week, and was still raining. We didn't mind it though, it is looking so green everywhere, we love it! We went for a few reasons. 1. Scenic drive. 2. Scope out potential camping areas. 3. Scope it out for my family reunion in July. We didn't take as many pictures as we wanted. We were on a pretty tight schedule, so we couldn't stop as much and walk around. Here is what we did get though.
This is Island Park Reservoir. This was really pretty. I don't think it costs for day use either (at least I didn't see anywhere to pay).
Mal and I at the Reservoir.
Sweet dock.
This is on the way to the cabin that my family reserved for when they come in July. There is a little brook about a half a mile away from the cabin, lots of aspens and firs. Only about 15-20 mins from West Yellowstone.
Same area as above.
2 comments:
That looks really beautiful!
The lake looks a little Maineish, but it is lacking camps all around the borderes. I'm glad you guys are getting a lot of traveling around day trips and so on before the little girl arrives.
Post a Comment