Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Appeasement

I told Mike our internet was working again and he asked me to please "appease the mobs by posting [my] belly shot" so that's what I'm doing.

Ironically, the picture we posted before this was on Mother's Day and this on is on Father's Day. (31 weeks along, my friends. We're gettin' close!)

Speaking of Father's Day by the way, this, I think, was a good one for Mike. Of course, it's also his first, so he has very little to compare it to. I bought him some new scriptures - which he knew he was getting 'cause he told me he wanted some and exactly what kind and even looked at a few with me. He desperately needed some new ones, and he's really been wanting a fresh pair to start studying from. I also bought him a book he's asked me for every time there is a reason to expect presents (except this time) called T
he Lost Language of Symbolism. It's about the symbolism in the scriptures and the temple. It's fascinating! I think it'll come in handy for some up-coming papers I'm writing!

Of course there was cheese cake. A small one, thank heavens.

And then there was this:
This was not supposed to be part of Father's Day. I had already bought all the gifts I was going to. But then I saw this 6-quart freezer on the bulletin board while I was browsing for baby items under "Miscellaneous" and it was only $25! Mike's been talking a lot about getting one, but I kept putting him off. I kept saying things like, "We don't really have the money this month, so maybe next," "Honey, the last thing we need is an ice cream freezer," and "If you can find a hand-crank one for a reasonable price (knowing they're considered 'novelties' now, which ups the price by about $200 for the same size) then we can get one." But I knew I could only hold him off for so long, and for $25?! Of course I was going to get it! The guy said he never even used it, and he seemed unsure of how to even make ice cream, but he bought it to learn and never did.

Of course, I have put restrictions on it: only on birthdays and certain holidays. Which means none of this "Box day is a holiday, right? I mean, it's on the calendar and all." No. Sorry to break it to you, but you're American, and that means you can't celebrate box day.

9 comments:

ML said...

Michael is obviously unaware at how potentially dangerous ice cream freezers can be--good thing he has you to protect him honey.

Michael said...

Yeah, that book comes in real 'handy'! Haha ;)

ML said...

I woke up this morning remembering how beautiful Mallory looks in this picture and then remembering that I hadn't commented on it. You look absolutely beautiful Sweetheart!

Anonymous said...

I knew you'd like that, Mike. :) I hope you know though, that when you talk to your mom, you say it too... don't deny it, I was listening to you a couple days ago, and you were dead serious when it popped out of your mouth.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and thank you, Mum!

Anony said...

Looooove your dress and your belly shot. Hurry up, baby girl! Porter needs a girl!

Unknown said...

we got ours from andrew's parents...they got it when they got married. like 26 years ago! thankfully it's not a hand crank. also thankfully to make ice cream it requires two things that we don't normally have in the house-ice and cream. andrew eats most of the ice cream when it's made. i hope you both enjoy it though!

Ave said...

Hey there twiggy prego Mama, you are lookin pretty smokin.

Anonymous said...

Why thank you!