I don't know if any of you have had a chance to see this movie or read the book, but it was amazing! Personally, I thought that this movie was better than Da Vinci Code. I haven't read the books yet, so I can't make a call on that one. I would really like to read them, just to compare and get more to the story. According to recent press releases, Dan Brown is coming out with a new book called The Lost Symbol, which will feature the Freemasons. There are rumors that pieces from LDS church history will be intertwined into the story. While some LDS members may be bracing themselves for the ramifications of this new novel, I think it will be great publicity. Watching Angels and Demons made me so interested to learn about Catholic History/culture, I think that it would do the same for the church. There was a recent HBO showing that featured sacred temple ordinances, and I thought it was interesting to see the church's response. They kind of tossed the whole situation to the side, and didn't make a big deal of it at all. I think it's when we make a big deal that we are targeted and attacked by the media as we witnessed with Proposition 8. I say, let's embrace this new novel. I think it will be interesting.
6 comments:
yeah i liked this movie too, a lot of adventure and intrigue with a strong story line, i liked it a lot better then the first one and i liked that one too. anyway, yeah sometimes the best reaction is no reaction and then sometimes a strong reaction is needed too.
I know this comment is totally unrelated to the topic here, but I'm getting caught up here and I have to tell Mallory that she looks great!, I'm excited you are having a girl, and I love the name Madeleine (hope I spelled it right). I'm glad you are both doing well!
I just don't like that they picked Tom Hanks to play Langdon. I can't stand his acting, at least not since he made that Gump movie. I am glad A & D was good though, the book was pretty entertaining I thought.
The books are both entertaining but it's unfortunate that so many people assume his background info is fact. They don't realize he's using a fiction writer's prerogative to juice up a bit of fact with a great deal of fiction.
I like Tom Hanks. I'm not a huge Gump fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I actually disliked the whole story line more than I disliked his acting (and Jenny; she's just an idiot). But, I get over past mistakes fairly easily. Like Mel Gibson. I hate What Women Want, but overall, I like the stuff he's done.
Thank you Joey! That's sweet. Yes, you spelled the name right.
I agree Aunt R. that it is too bad that people think it's based on fact. I know many Catholics were offended at The DaVinci Code, but I think a lot of it had to do with exactly what you point out: the assumption that he's stating fact, rather than the idea that he was actually out to get them.
The book is really good. Haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm looking forward to it!
Post a Comment