I can honestly say I wasn't expecting anything bought and paid for on Mother's Day - except the chocolates I knew were coming from the ward. We're trying to save some money this summer, and as long as I didn't have to do dishes, I was happy.
Then, on Friday (which is Mike's day off from work), he and I went into IF to run some errands and have some dinner as our date. He asked me if I wanted his gift now or on Sunday. I was totally surprised! He pulled a card from the side of his seat and gave it to me, and when we got out at one of our stops, he opened the trunk and there lay a beautiful, bright green coat!

It was hot enough today that I really didn't need it for Church, but I usually take a sweater or something anyway - to ward off the FREEZING temperatures common in LDS churches - so I wore it anyway. I love it!
And now we have a shot of the baby! She's getting big! I should probably weigh myself the next time I'm at the gym. Although I'll probably have an appointment before that. Whichever. She's kicking lots and lots!

Finally, Mike and I both want to wish our mothers and our grandmothers, etc. a happy Mother's Day! Thank you so much for (a) having us/our parents (b) raising us (which, according to Mike's family, really didn't take a whole lot of work since apparently he was a perfect child - or at least he seemed so after Tyler) and (c) preparing us for each other and our little Madeleine!
7 comments:
wow! you're really popping right out there! happy mommy's day!
He picked out that super cute jacket? Man, that guys a keeper. Good news, since you're carrying his baby! Happy belated Mother's Day. You look gorgeous.
Ditto to bob (who, by the way, should either add me or make her blog public darn it!)'s assessment. To think you were hardly showing a few weeks ago!
Happy Mother's Day!
You are so skinny though. Lucky girl, it is all in your belly. Love the coat, and what a great husband! Good job Mal.
You look great, Mallory. I'm so excited for that little girl to come into this world in a few months! Can't wait. You are and will be such a cute mommy!
the coat is super cute! sterling was smiling from the beginning....but they seemed more like he just getting used to his face muscles. i'm in the middle of homework so i'll try and remember to look it up...no wait i remember i didn't put the sticker on his calender until he smiled for someone other than his parents...end of feb. he was 2.5mo then.
reading other comments, we're what my family calls a ball and a stick. now that homework.........
My favorite color! I am green with envy...ha, ha!
Post a Comment