Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sorry about the lack

of posting. It's finals and our lives at the moment consist of little else. Mike has three finals out of the way. Which is really nice. He still has a one more final, a presentation and a debate next week, but for the most part it's all out of the way. I've got ALL my finals left. Stupid teachers - holding everything over 'til the last week. I'm not too worried about most of them though. I've got a final of four essay questions for American Lit. I think that's going to take up the most time, mainly because one of the questions involved a book I only read the first two parts of and there are four, so I have to get caught up on that. (Here I smile sheepishly and you all forgive me.) Then I've got three final tests, only one of which is kind of comprehensive, thank heavens! The other two are actually just like other unit tests. My teachers don't believe in comprehensive testing, and neither do I! (For the most part, I mean, there are times when it's necessary, but overall, I think it's ridiculous. You forget half the stuff later anyway. You just need to know where to find it.) Other than that it's a presentation, fairly short, and LOTS of eating! Oh, finals parties. There's very few things like them.

We are getting ready to eat and head off to Conference. It's too hard for us to watch/listen to Conference at home. Too many distractions. That's how it's always been for me. I remember begging my parents to let us go to the chapel and watch it with people who didn't own a computer or satellite or cable. It just made it easier to pay attention.

Well, waffles are calling - oh no, that's Mike. Whatever, one in the same right now.

No comments: