Sunday, April 5, 2009

We are taking bets...

The sun is out, and it's 45 degrees outside. To our immediate families who live on a tropical island and primarily Arizona, that might sound undesirable. But when you have just passed through an Eastern Idaho winter, days like these are glorious and really make you want to go outside to toss a baseball. Here is what has been going on with us lately.

We recently bought some soil starter pods, and decided to begin growing some tomato plants! We will probably keep them inside as long as possible. Our Bishop's neighbor has a huge plot of land and offered it to our ward to have our own garden. As far as we know, we are each going to be alloted a plot of land, and will be able to grow so
me vegetables. We just can't wait until we have our own home to plant our own very large garden with tons of fresh vegetables!

We took this one this afternoon after conference. We are enjoying the beautiful 45 degree weather! The grass has even been coming back from dormancy.

Here is the Malie Tummy Status, taken today. Our last day of school is on Thursday, and we will also be finding out the gender of our baby! LET THE BIDDING BEGIN! Boy or girl? 

After the ultrasound, we are going to head down to Utah to spend Easter weekend with my Grandma Clark. We are very excited to spend some time with her. We are also going to visit the University of Utah in Salt Lake so that I can check out their Masters program. I have met a few of their faculty before and feel really good about their program. They have one of the top programs in the U.S. for industrial hygiene. 

After Easter weekend, we are headed to Iowa to visit Jeff and Holly (my sister). We can't wait to visit them out there and see what Iowa is really like! We also plan to visit Nauvoo while we are there, and the industrial hygiene program at the University of Iowa. On our way back we plan to stop by Mt. Rushmore. It will be a great trip! 

6 comments:

bob said...

industrial higine? mike, no offense, but you do realize that you're a big nerd...right?! anyway, mal you look great! have you been exercising during your pregnancy? i say boy, but if it be a hermaphodite then we will love IT all the same!

bob said...

yes, i know i can't spell but i did mean hygiene.

Mike and Mal said...

haha yeah, I can proudly admit that I'm a big nerd...but i consider myself a successful nerd.

Anony said...

I bet boy! ;) And you look so great with baby pudging out like that. Have fun this easter. Take lotsa pics!

Ave said...

Great pics guys. Mal, you look awesome. I can't believe you're already over half way through! Either Utah or Iowa sound great for graduate school, I didn't know that you were planning on doing that. It will be good to get it done before you have too many little toads! I say toads with affection of course! I bet GIRL!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

hey mallory i know that you'll get this at some point. are you still up for babysitting? i would love to have you come over and we can talk about how this will all work out etc. let me know what's good for you.