Friday, March 13, 2009

The Reception

More wedding photos! These are ones Selena took at the Maine reception. I LOVED the black and whites that Galen took (he was the one who was actually working, but Selena had her camera and took a few snapshots) but it's fun to see the colors of the reception too.

This is Dad and me starting the dancing. Mike and Bryan are chatting in the background, and behind them you can see the table of family wedding pictures from weddings past. It was cool to see all the pictures of my parents, grandparents, cousins, aunts & uncles, and those on Mike's side too. I love the lanterns. They really have a nice effect here.

Levi and Todd G. Oh how the men in my family wish they could grow beards like Todd's. Alas, they are stuck with the same patchy-scruff Levi has. Oh well, he pulls it off fairly well.

Eating the cake. I forgot how good that lemon was until I bit into that piece. Both Mike and I said later our mouths started watering directly. I really hope it hasn't burned in the freezer for the past few months. If we had known how, we would have just brought it west with us.
I'll be honest, I loved my flowers! Spray roses, big roses, and snap dragons with ivy wrapped all through it. These weren't the ones I took all over Boston with me, those I just arranged myself, and if I had known how well I could make a simple bouquet, I would have saved a lot of money, but I did love these so much. I have them dried and framed up on my wall now. I'll have to buy some sealant or something before moving back to my beloved humidity.

No comments: