Mike and I carousing around Harvard. Ahem! I mean, Ha-vud, dahling! Mike is standing in one of the courtyards which was thoroughly littered with our studious colleagues.
I am standing on the steps of the Widener Library. We really wanted to go in and look around, but you need a student ID to open the door. Lame.
Here I am, passing in front of a house covered in ivy. Mike really wanted a shot of this... can you blame him? You could count the number of ivy-covered buildings in the west without using any phalanges or limbs whatsoever.
This is a great, big Baptist church. I have never seen a Baptist church that looks like this! They're usually a little smaller and more ... I'm not sure if it's more modest or just modern. I don't know,
but I was surprised to see this was a Baptist church. It was beautiful! (I'm sorry, I don't know why it's underlining. It just started doing it automatically, and I can't figure out how to get rid of it! There's not even an underlining option to begin with!)
The first picture here is of the monument to George Washington. It's right in the middle of the Public Gardens. This other is not of any girls we know, but it's my favorite swan one. The girls are just so cute! I love how the on in back is just hugging that teddy to beat the band, and holds her skirt so daintily! We have another one of a swan with his neck arched so classically, but I like this one just a little bit better. This is also in the Public Gardens.Here us kids are (well, most of us, anyway) sitting on the steps of The Church of the Covenant in downtown. You've got to hand it to the east, we've got some pretty amazing churches. Dang, we've got some pretty amazing buildings! Mike has shot after shot of just different buildings in Boston on his camera, and now on my computer. But there's just something about churches. I love to go inside them. I tour them almost any chance I get. Without a doubt, there is a Spirit inside them all, that recognizes the devotion, no matter how far off the truth it may be.
I don't know what Ezra's doing in that first one. He's certainly one of the Conner brothers though, that's for sure.
These last two pictures are of us all taking a break in a deli a few blocks down from the Gardens. After walking all over town, we were all hungry, and more than a little thirsty. If you look at Eden's face in the second picture, you can see she is completely wrapped up in her drink. She was so thirsty, she didn't order anything to eat until after a completely finished drink. And it took another to convince her to let me buy her gelato! Kait and Ez didn't wait a heartbeat to take me up on the offer - despite the fact that I had only bestowed it upon Eden at that point.
5 comments:
Honestly, if anyone has any tips on fixing the BLASTED pictures-in-disarray problem, I would LOVE to hear it. It is really beginning to annoy.
Sooo....credit or debit?
It was just a passing comment--in actuality, I did NOT snap a shot of that particular view. ;)
Right but you wanted to.
OK. I'm ready for a new post. Not that your opening picture isn't attractiv, BUT(T)...
Post a Comment