After our stay in Maine, we flew out to Salt Lake to stay in Park City for a few nights until the Utah open house. As peachy as it may sound, our journey TO Salt Lake was NOT as enjoyable as our actual stay in Utah. Let me explain. On Monday, August 4th Mallory and I flew out of the Bangor, ME airport to a connecting flight in Boston, MA. Due to booking difficulties, Mal and I were on separate flights from Boston to New York. I was scheduled to fly to JFK first. I left at about 2:00 pm. It was a very short flight...one of those "take off", "reach altitude" and "prepare for landing" kind of flights. We landed in JFK and sat on the runway for about 45 minutes awaiting an open gate to deboard. Needless to say, the traffic was extremely bad. Every incoming flight was delayed by at least 60 minutes. Here's the catch. Mallory was still in Boston, and had to make it to JFK before 7:15, when we would reunite and fly to Salt Lake. Her plane in Boston, now delayed until 7:00. She made it to JFK eventually, but I was on the flight to Salt Lake by the time she arrived. There were no more connecting flights to Salt Lake until 7:00 am the next morning. It was a very stressful time! I don't know if any of you have ever been to JFK, but there are birds flying around INSIDE the airport. It's disgusting. Very unsanitary. And we wonder why we have a bird flew problem? Their droppings are draped nicely along the airport walls that feature overhangs. Mallory said that there was even a rat sighting inside the airport. Sounds kind of like a camp out...only you are inside the airport of one of the richest and greatest cities in the world. Anyways, she made it to Utah the next morning and we were re-united! Park City was great. Thanks Grandma!
Sadie striking a cute pose.
3 comments:
Great pictures! It sure brings back a lot of fun memories.
Fun times at JFK, huh Mal?! I'm glad things got better in Park City. :-)
Those are the CUTEST kids EVER! What lucky aunts and uncles you are!! :) Sorry to hear about JFK!!
Post a Comment