Sunday, November 26, 2017

Readers

I love to read. And I love that they love to read.






Of course, there are no photos of Madie reading because she is the Clandestine Reader. I found out only a few months ago that she had read a bunch of books on the bookshelf in their room that I didn't even know she knew were in there. 

Me: "You know a book we should read, Finn? The Wind in the Willows."
Madie: "Wait, is that the one with a toad?" 
"Yeah." 
"Oh, yeah, I've read that book."
"Where?" I thought maybe a teacher read it to them at school.
"It's in our room."
"Well, okay, I know. I didn't even know you'd read it. I mean, I only ever see you with Fudge or Harry Potter."
She just looked at me like I was weird for not getting it. "Well, it's not like it's long." Meaning she read it in an hour or so, and I didn't even know.
"How many of those books have you read? I mean the ones in your room."
"All of them."

So, that's Madie. Sorry, no pictures.

No comments: