Every year, starting some time before we moved back to Maine, the town started an annual pajama sale on the second Saturday in November. This year, since we have decided not to do Christmas gifts aside from stockings, I didn't think we'd go. I realized though, when Mike came home Friday night with two grocery bags filled with sausage, eggs, tater tots, and cocoa for hot chocolate, that the pajama sale had reached holiday proportions in his mind.
"We're going to have a big breakfast--7 am sharp!--then head to the sale in town."
"But, why? We're not buying anything."
"Well, we need a new park pass," (they're discounted during the sale), "and we can get the free fudge and taffy at Acadia Country Store and just window shop!"
So that's what we did! I think this was my favorite year yet, since Mike and I stayed together instead of trying to avoid each other while we shop for gifts. It is a really fun morning, and I like the festive feeling--a lot of people about buying Christmas gifts, people from other parts of the island running into others they don't see so much, and a lot of the shops have coffee, hot chocolate, and baked goods out. We still have never stayed for the bed races, which I'm told are hilarious. Maybe next year.
![]() |
| We did hit up Serendipity to stock up on some winter gear--they all found hats they like, so we grabbed those and a pair of brand new pants for Mike. Scores all around. |

No comments:
Post a Comment