Finn has always followed Madies lead and been cautious. He has always clung to me and his floaties, but when he saw Madie swimming without floaties, something clicked. He was pretty daring, and went under water a few times. But he kept getting right back up and wanted to keep pushing himself. He needed a little more help than Madie, but he is now very interested in swimming without floaties. Big strides for these kids. I'm hoping they are swimming strong by the time summer hits.
"Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of a joy you must have somebody to divide it with." - Mark Twain
Sunday, January 31, 2016
Swim Lessons
I feel like every January, we try to work with the kids on their swim skills. Madie has been in swim lessons since CA when she was 2, and when we first moved to ME. It was also part of her pre-school curriculum. We have also worked with her in multiple occasions. She has always been very cautious when it came to water and swimming. Well yesterday she swam without any floaties of any sort. I couldn't believe it! I mean, I knew she could physically do it, but I didn't know if she would overcome her fears. I had to prove to her that she could do it by challenging her to accomplish little feats. Once she gained confidence in her abilities, she really worked at getting better and didn't want to stop. It's fun to see them conquer their fears! Same thing happened with learning to ride her bike this year. I'm very proud of what she has accomplished.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment