Little Nella is an outdoorsy girl, and really doesn't like it when you make her come inside. This is her typical tantrum after we elected to bring her in after playing outside. She loves to toddle around, pick up and carry sticks (one for each hand, of course). She has a hard time if there are obstructions in her path, but does really well over all. Just don't ask her to come inside, unless you are ready to throw-down.
New Years Eve
We hosted our second New Years Eve party in a row. I don't know if it will become an annual event, but we really enjoy hosting friends. Mal threw together a spinach artichoke dip, nachos, meatballs, snicker doodles, just to name a few things.
 |
| Sneaky baby, climbing the step stool (that was left from one of her older siblings helping make cookies) and helping herself to some cookies. I had to capture the moment before I solved the problem. |
 |
| Mallory's cousin Lincoln and his girlfriend Lindsay came over for the party. Elvis and Lincoln took turns applying mink oil on each others hid, and cuddled in the corner most of the night. |
 |
| These two made it past midnight, sort of. Finn went down around 9:30, but I don't think he really fell asleep. He joined us for games around 11:00, and we all stayed up to see the new year unfold. Madie was particularly excited to stay up so late. I think it's mostly bragging rights for her friends at school. |
 |
| The next morning, we went out for breakfast at a local B&B that allows 'outsiders' in for breakfast. Unfortunately, breakfast options are pretty slim in the winter in Bar Harbor. This place was fantastic, though. I can't remember when Nella is eating here, but whatever it was, sure made her a happy girl. |
 |
| Yes, the annual polar bear plunge at Sand Beach. This happened. Not as cold as it was last year, but it was a respectable 37 degrees. Water temps were probably mid to low 40's. We had some new people join us for the event this year, but a few didn't return after last year. I think it's an official tradition among the Ellsworth Branch now. |
 |
| Success! |
 |
| We got our first snow storm! Before the new year! Since the storm, I moved as much snow as I could into a huge pile in the front yard. It's been a huge hit for sledding, snow skating, climbing...you name it. |
 |
| Finn is officially in Primary, and Madie is officially in senior Primary. Nella isn't too far behind, starting nursery in April. Happy 2016! |
No comments:
Post a Comment