It's 4:25. I've been up since Finn called out around 3:30. Mike actually got up and covered him up, but I just couldn't fall back asleep. It seems neither could Finn. By the time I got up to close his door and ours, he was apparently still awake.
"Nooo," he whined weakly from behind the door. I opened it up again and he said, "No, Mumma. On ba [bed]," and patted his trundle bed beside him. I sat down and rubbed his hair some. Then I just sat there for probably 10 or 15 minutes. Finally, when he seemed asleep, I got up and came out. I started some toast and sat down to study some French (a new "family" goal, set by none other than Mike, and carried out, so far, solely by me). Sure enough, right as the toast finished, Mr. Finnegan came toddling out of his room. Needless to say, that piece went to him. He's sitting here in a chair next to me crunching away on honey toast and shaking his head when I tell him I love him.
 |
| Even for the sake of toast, it's a little too early. |
2 comments:
What a little sweetie...tell him grammy loves him. <3
Thanks for being such a good Mom, Mallory. It's so nice knowing our cute grandkids are in such a loving home. Love you! I know you had a bad day Tuesday, but just remember, you'll feel much better and have more patience when you aren't pregnant.
Post a Comment