Monday, August 18, 2014

Independence Day

Better late than never. I love the 4th of July in Bar Harbor. It's festivities remind me of the town I grew up in, which featured a morning parade, festivities in town, and evening fireworks. I always remember doing swim parties and bbq's with friends for lunch as well. We went swimming at the Dalton's camp, at Donnell's Pond. Afterward, we headed to the Casey's for more food! Here are the highlights: 
 
Fruit parfait's for breakfast.

Madie looks so thrilled.

At the parade. We found the perfect spot, right in the shade.


Finn loved all the trucks.

I swear, his face is always dirty.

And Madie found some candy.

At Donnell Pond, scoping out the fish.

Madie was pretty scared of the fish.

Finn wasn't a huge fan of the life vest.
It started sprinkling leading up to the fireworks, so I decided to stay home with Finn while Mal and Madie headed to the show. They enjoyed it, but right before the finale Madie decided she was done watching. It was pretty late, and after a long day, I'm sure she was tired.

No comments: