Mike and I spent Easter apart this year because of my visit to Utah. I'm a little bummed about it, but Mike spent it with my extended family in Brooks and I'm sure he ate plenty and had fun; I spent it with Mum and my immediate family (most of us) and got to see my cousin Gabby and her dad, so that was awesome. So I guess over all we both had decent holidays.
Salt Lake was beautiful today--sunny and warm but not stifling like it was yesterday. Although I haven't been able to visit Kaitlyn recently, it sounds like she's stable from yesterday, and that's good news. In fact, they may have even discovered a bacteria that could be prolonging her recovery, which would be better than if she doesn't have anything because then they can treat it and get her over it so she can start really recovering, so that's great news! if it's accurate.
Yesterday we had a little egg hunt for Madie and Finn in the courtyard of the apartment complex Mum lives in. Finn was so fun to watch! Madie's first egg hunt was hilarious: she was confused about why everyone was snatching up the eggs until we broke one open for her and showed her the candy inside. Then she would pick one up, open it, eat it, and put the empty egg in her basket. Try as we might, we could not convince her that she would end up with more eggs if she waited to eat them. Finn, on the other hand, got it right away. There were 60 eggs, and he landed with at least 25 of them. The eggs were filled with candy, stickers, bouncy balls, small change, and bubbles.
Tonight, about 45 minutes after I put Finn and Madie to bed, I was sitting in the dining room talking with Levi, Jorge, and Gabby, and I turned my head to see none other than Finnegan Arthur standing in the dining room, blue drool down his shirt, and an egg in each hand.
"Finn! What are you doing?!" He sucked the bottom of his lower lip in and widened his eyes--his I knew I was doing something wrong and I'm semi-repentant face. I changed his messy diaper (which is probably what was keeping him up in the first place), stripped his candy-coated pajamas off him, confiscated the eggs, and took him back to bed. After getting him settled down again, I came into the hallway where I found his egg bag, with four or five empty egg shells and a bottle of bubbles on the floor around it. It was the blatant kind of evidence you'd find in a Dora The Explorer episode.
No comments:
Post a Comment