Monday, April 14, 2014

SPRING HAS SPROUTED!

Sorry things are coming up so late--I've been wicked busy getting ready to leave to Utah. Now that I'm here I have (somewhat unfortunately) more free time than expected, so I have some time to put these up!

The end of March we decided the greenhouse was clear of snow enough to start planting some cool-weather plants. 


Madie decked herself out in this outfit, but it was about 65 or so in the greenhouse. I could not convince her to take anything off until she started sweating.

Finn was waiting his turn for the spade.

She's breaking the soil up while I was filling the pot.
We were all excited to start on the garden, but Finn and Elvis are so absolutely enamored with being outside that it took them both a while to calm down enough for me to get anything done.



Here she's finally stripped down. We planted peas, poppies, delphiniums, spinach, and arugula. By the time we left, the spinach and arugula had sprouted. The day before we left, we planted a couple of different corns. I'm really excited to try these--they are heirloom breeds from New England. I've heard they are brightly colored and creamy--and that they make excellent polenta.


No comments: