Thursday, March 13, 2014

Wait...I Have A Bucket List??

I saw a link to a slideshow of the wild horses on Assateague Island today. I remember reading Misty of Chincoteague by Marguerite Henry as a kid--maybe 8--and ever since then I've always dreamed of visiting Chincoteague and Assateague islands. This slideshow reminded me of it, though I think of it every few years, in completely non-sequitur thought strings.

Now I really want to go again, and we're so much closer than we've ever been before. And we even have some friends living in Virginia--they could go with us! It would be a blast.

This is the first time it's dawned on me that this is a life-long dream. Something that I will almost assuredly do someday--even if it's far in the future. (Hello, I've been thinking about it for 20 years already, so I think I can hold on another 20 if I need to.) This is the first time I've ever really recognized something as being on my bucket list. So, I have a bucket list. Only I guess it's more of a shallow dish list, since there's only one thing in it. I mean, I have other things I've always wanted to do, but they're things I don't know will ever be possible, so I don't want to think of them as things that need to be done before I pop off. That would just be disappointing. 

2 comments:

bob said...

i'm such a great procrastinator even with things that i really want to do. i just pinned the picasso quote, "only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone." it's kinda my theme this year. that sounds like it would be a great trip, i wanna go!

Mal said...

LET'S!!