We just had another successful outing with the troop, heading to Blackwoods campground in Acadia. We got a late start, but made it to the parking lot around 5:45 pm, and hiked in about 0.25 miles to the campground. We had to haul in a lot of stuff like wood, gear, food, etc. First thing we did was light the lantern, second thing we did was get the fire ready, third was build shelters and eat. The food, you may ask? Bacon-wrapped hot dogs, chips, brownies (thank you, Dinah!), s'mores, dutch oven apple crisp, and jambalaya (thank you, Matt!). The feast was epic. I almost couldn't fall asleep I was so full. I put away 5 hot dogs myself...along with half a huge bag of chips, and all of the other stuff above. I think we were all feeling pretty good after dinner.
It got below zero that night, but my bag kept me sweltering. At about midnight, one of the boys started crying out. I thought he may have been talking in his sleep, which seems to be a common theme with our troop. Levi went to check on him and apparently he was pretty scared. He had never really slept under the stars, and was used to RV camping. He ended up going home shortly after. Other than that, the trip was a success. We got up in the morning and hiked to the ocean for a great morning view. Special thanks to all who came and participated.



2 comments:
he was probably crying out because levi was trying to steal his sleeping bag!
Haha!
Post a Comment