Our sweet Madie turned four yesterday. It is hard to believe we've been married for five years, but even harder that we've only been parents for four! I feel like I've been a mother forever--in a good way. Of course, we all have a lot to learn still, but in the mean time I think we're (mostly) having a lot of fun.
Madie, Finn, and I spent yesterday at the beach with some friends. Unfortunately I didn't realize I had my phone in my bag with me the whole time--I was mildly frustrated at the beach but extremely so when I got home and realized that I just hadn't felt in the right pocket deeply enough. Gah! So the pictures on here won't be from her actual birthday this year--of course on Friday we're having a little party with Grammy and Grampy, Aunts Kaitlyn and Eden and Uncle Ezra, and a few friends, so we'll make sure we get pictures of that.
As Madie turns four she is an excellent at bouldering and a budding rock climber. She can scramble up almost any rock face with enough hand and foot holds that she can see the top of. The only trouble is getting back down.
She is also very much interested in drawing. She likes to color, but really she wants to draw her own creations. This is so different from me as a kid. I remember loving to color, but when I drew I just felt trapped like I could only draw things I knew existed--and that can be frustrating for someone with zero drawing talent or skill. Madie, on the other hand, freehands all sorts of stuff and then tells me what it is. Maybe that's why she's so into the first chapter of The Little Prince. She is only mildly interested in the rest of it, but she'll keep telling me, "Let's go back and read about the bump." We've read that chapter five or six times. No wonder we still haven't finished the book!
She is a great big sister and has recently asked if I plan to have any more babies. There was no hinting that she'd like another sibling--it was figuratively and literally in my face. She can be hard on Finn when she plays, but she really does love him and often she'll tell me how much she loves him.
Happy birthday Sweet Pea! We love you so very much!
Madie, Finn, and I spent yesterday at the beach with some friends. Unfortunately I didn't realize I had my phone in my bag with me the whole time--I was mildly frustrated at the beach but extremely so when I got home and realized that I just hadn't felt in the right pocket deeply enough. Gah! So the pictures on here won't be from her actual birthday this year--of course on Friday we're having a little party with Grammy and Grampy, Aunts Kaitlyn and Eden and Uncle Ezra, and a few friends, so we'll make sure we get pictures of that.
She is also very much interested in drawing. She likes to color, but really she wants to draw her own creations. This is so different from me as a kid. I remember loving to color, but when I drew I just felt trapped like I could only draw things I knew existed--and that can be frustrating for someone with zero drawing talent or skill. Madie, on the other hand, freehands all sorts of stuff and then tells me what it is. Maybe that's why she's so into the first chapter of The Little Prince. She is only mildly interested in the rest of it, but she'll keep telling me, "Let's go back and read about the bump." We've read that chapter five or six times. No wonder we still haven't finished the book!
She is a great big sister and has recently asked if I plan to have any more babies. There was no hinting that she'd like another sibling--it was figuratively and literally in my face. She can be hard on Finn when she plays, but she really does love him and often she'll tell me how much she loves him.
Happy birthday Sweet Pea! We love you so very much!

1 comment:
We love you Miss Madie-Fi! Can't wait to celebrate with you on Friday!
Post a Comment