Madie turned 4 on Tuesday. On Wednesday I told her to please leave me be just for 30 minutes so I could get a quick nap in. That didn't happen, so when I finally figured I had already spent 20 minutes trying to nap with her coming in and offering me "tea" and asking me questions, I got up. I rubbed my tired eyes and looked at Madie who beamed up at me with a satisfied look. At first I thought she had pulled her hair back by herself.
"Wow!" I said and smiled. Then it hit me. "Oh! Madie... oh you cut your hair," I said, trying to contain my shock--and failing.
"It was getting in my eyes."
All in all I think I held it together extremely well. No crying. No scolding. (It's a good thing Mike wasn't here.) To me, hair is totally screwupable. I was sad--we've never cut her hair, not even trimmed it, but I figured, it's done now and she's got an adorable, if quite uneven, pixie out of it.
"Wow!" I said and smiled. Then it hit me. "Oh! Madie... oh you cut your hair," I said, trying to contain my shock--and failing.
"It was getting in my eyes."
All in all I think I held it together extremely well. No crying. No scolding. (It's a good thing Mike wasn't here.) To me, hair is totally screwupable. I was sad--we've never cut her hair, not even trimmed it, but I figured, it's done now and she's got an adorable, if quite uneven, pixie out of it.
Before After
2 comments:
Oh my goodness. I can't even imagine what I would do if Reese did that to her hair. At least it's just hair and it will grow back!
i agree. hair will grow back and she does look super cute in her new hair.
Post a Comment