Before we continue with out Rochester trip, I just have a couple of these to share.
Miss T.
A couple of weeks ago Madie and I were at an ice cream party with her preschool. Everyone was invited, but we don't normally go on Fridays, so I was with her. Afterward we all went out to the playground to expend. When I called to Madie that we had to leave she was sitting on one of her teachers' laps. She ran up to me and said, "Can Miss T. come to our house?" "Sure. Someday, okay?" (We're working on an open house sometime in the nearish future, and we planned on inviting her anyway.) She ran back, told Miss T. something, and then we left. Now every time we're driving back to the house from somewhere she says, "Yep, we're going home and Miss T. will be there." Then we have to explain that, although she will come over some day, we would be extremely surprised to get home and find her there right now.
I was telling this all to her teacher a few days ago and she laughed and said, "Yeah, before she ran to you she asked if I wanted to come over to her house. I said I would, so she ran and said something to you, then ran back and told me to drive to the park, then turn left, then right." (Extremely inaccurate directions, but cute nonetheless.)
Where The Wild Things Are
I read this book to Madie for the first time yesterday. We picked it up from the library after I read it to her there and she has just fallen in love with it. Connor was over to play and he liked it too, which I think is a big deal since every time I suggest reading he suggestions the playground. (That boy likes to move.) Tonight I was reading it to Madie after I put Finn down and when it says that Max smelled "good things to eat" I asked (like I had before), "What do you think he smelled?" She said (like she had before), "Pasta with pesto." I made other suggestions--sillier and sillier ones. She laughed. Finally we settled on a sensible choice like soup and I asked, "What kind?" The winner? Chicken peppermint.
Miss T.
A couple of weeks ago Madie and I were at an ice cream party with her preschool. Everyone was invited, but we don't normally go on Fridays, so I was with her. Afterward we all went out to the playground to expend. When I called to Madie that we had to leave she was sitting on one of her teachers' laps. She ran up to me and said, "Can Miss T. come to our house?" "Sure. Someday, okay?" (We're working on an open house sometime in the nearish future, and we planned on inviting her anyway.) She ran back, told Miss T. something, and then we left. Now every time we're driving back to the house from somewhere she says, "Yep, we're going home and Miss T. will be there." Then we have to explain that, although she will come over some day, we would be extremely surprised to get home and find her there right now.
I was telling this all to her teacher a few days ago and she laughed and said, "Yeah, before she ran to you she asked if I wanted to come over to her house. I said I would, so she ran and said something to you, then ran back and told me to drive to the park, then turn left, then right." (Extremely inaccurate directions, but cute nonetheless.)
Where The Wild Things Are
I read this book to Madie for the first time yesterday. We picked it up from the library after I read it to her there and she has just fallen in love with it. Connor was over to play and he liked it too, which I think is a big deal since every time I suggest reading he suggestions the playground. (That boy likes to move.) Tonight I was reading it to Madie after I put Finn down and when it says that Max smelled "good things to eat" I asked (like I had before), "What do you think he smelled?" She said (like she had before), "Pasta with pesto." I made other suggestions--sillier and sillier ones. She laughed. Finally we settled on a sensible choice like soup and I asked, "What kind?" The winner? Chicken peppermint.

1 comment:
Mmmm Chicken Peppermint. Could it be Mediterranean? So crazy miss your gutses, all of em.
Post a Comment