Most of you are probably saying to yourselves, "Geez, how many times do
the Watkins' go to Yosemite per year?" For all of those people asking
this question, I have an answer: I have lost count. I can enter
park boundaries in a little over two hours, which makes
it really accessible. It's really hard
not to go as often as we
do, with it being so close and the array of activities and things to
see. Today was a special occasion though. My father, known to Madie as
Papa, was in town for the weekend and I just had to show him the park.
He had never been before, so Madie and I played "Park Ranger' and off we
went.
 |
| At the base of Bridal Veil Falls. It was a brisk 44 when we arrived in the morning. |
 |
| Bridal Veil. |
 |
| Madie found Frosty the Snowman while we were there. This guy is everywhere! |
 |
| El Cap. |
 |
| Madie checked out a book about Tunnels from the library last week. Tunnels have been on the forefront of her mind since. |
 |
| Where there are rocks to throw and a body of water, there is a happy Madie. |
 |
| Found some Mule deer. I was within ten feet of these guys while taking this picture, they didn't even care. |
 |
| Lower Yosemite Falls. |
 |
| Read the sign on the left. |
 |
| I spy...something big and brown that weighs 200 lbs... |
 |
| Clouds were moving in, couldn't resist. |
 |
| Madie loved being held by her Papa. |
 |
| She fell asleep watching Pooh Bear on the way home. What a trip! |
1 comment:
I love the 8th photo down--Madie and Papa strike the exact same pose!
Post a Comment