Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sleepy

Right now I've got a little boy totally passed out on my lap--this is after I got him up from his nap, mind you--and a little girl wrapped in a blanket asleep next to me on the couch. All three of us have been fighting colds; I think Kaleb might have brought them to us as a present from his preschool-going sister. I don't know for sure though. One thing I do know is that the four nights in a row of little sleep for Madie definitely weakened her immune system to the point where she probably could have caught anything.

This is the second nap of the day for each of them, which never happens. Kaleb was in a horrible mood all morning and when I tried to put him on the couch to watch a movie with Madie (which he doesn't have the attention-span for, but he wants to do whatever she does--initially anyway) so I could lay down for a few minutes, he threw a huge fit. I said, "Fine! Be on the floor if you want!" and moved him down there. He cried on the floor for a few minutes then calmed down but didn't move. He just watched me getting Madie situated and the movie going, etc. After ten minutes he was totally out. He slept for maybe half an hour. I did get to doze lightly for about thirty minutes myself near the end of the movie while Kaleb toddled around. When I woke up the movie was just about over and Madie had passed out too. I figured she might, she was so sleepy-looking right from the moment she first got up this morning. She slept about an hour while Kaleb and I ate lunch.

This cold doesn't seem particularly bad, just very energy-draining. I just hope it passes quickly. One thing I've found that seems to help with the congestion is a little lemon oil on the bridge of our noses. They still run, but I used some last night and was able to breathe through my nose all night long; what a blessing! That's got to be my least-favorite part of a cold, the congestion.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I always know when my kids are not feeling well because they actually take a nap! :-) Get better soon and have a Happy Easter!