Monday, April 9, 2012

Alcatraz

Madie was so excited for the boat ride to the island!

She went for her first boat ride in Monterey on a little sailboat a month ago. She still talks about the yellow vest she wore.

Alcatraz went from being a fort to protect San Francisco in the 1860's, to high-profile prison, to National Park.


And what a lovely model she is. City skyline and Bay Bridge in the background.

Alcatraz Lighthouse.

Shower anyone?

Madie wasn't sure about going into the cell at first...



They had some beautiful gardens around the island.


Vintage.


Souvenirs from the gift shop. Mal wants to hang these somewhere in our home. They are straight from the Alcatraz Rules and Regulations book. 


Perfect day to visit The City.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the Alcatraz tour. Probably one of the best I've ever been on. It is such a neat place.

Unknown said...

I need those souvenirs in my home, too! :-)

ML said...

I love the rules and regulations signs! And you're right--she is the perfect model!