 |
| Cheesy smile anyone? |
Well, it's official everybody. I am now an Eagle Scout. The other day I was at work and got a random 'urgent' voice mail on my work phone. A woman named Vicki from the BSA office in San Jose left me a message trying to track down a Michael Watkins from Morgan Hill, CA that earned the award back in 2002. I was perplexed when I heard this...why would they be calling me now? And how did they find my work number? It's not like you can just Google an employee phone directory for a national laboratory. Anyways, I gave her a call back and I confirmed my identity. She couldn't believe it was me. She said that they had a certificate, badge and medals sitting in their office since 2002 when I originally earned the award. She said she would mail these to me ASAP. Well my friends, they came in the mail today. And I am officially an Eagle Scout!
8 comments:
Congratulations! You should have had a ceremony. Kevin could have pinned the badge on you. In fact, I think there should be some sort of ceremony. It would be awesome. And hilarious.
Congratulations! We're so proud! :)
Wahoo! That's exciting. I agree with Shaine. You should have some kind of unofficial ceremony. :)
Well that's the funny thing, I had the Court of Honor ceremony back in 2002...apparently without the awards!
I thought you got all the awards back in 2002. Isn't that same certificate in your scrapbook? That's crazy. The poor lady has been looking for you for 12 years!
Congratulations on being an Eagle Scout! I'm wondering why you were so hard to track down??? :-)
haha Congratulations! (I am in the process of earning my Personal Progress, and I don't even have a good excuse for not having it yet,like you do.) lol
Um,... congrats?! Hahaha, that's hillarious. It looks like someone else is stalking you guys now! ;)
Post a Comment