Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Years in Aptos

 For New Years, we were invited by the Atheys to Shaine's family beach house in Aptos, CA. There were some other friends from the ward there as well, which made it fun for games, chatting, etc. We stayed for two nights, but wish we could have stayed another because apparently we missed some humpback whales that came within 20 yards of shore! Still jealous about that...but what a great getaway weekend. Thank you again Atheys!

I got to test out my new camera some more to be sure I want to keep it. I was able to get up and make it onto the beach right at sunrise our first morning. It was pretty chilly out.

The sand pipers were enjoying breakfast in full-force.

Madie was thrilled to have her own little table at breakfast.

Enjoying coffee cake with fresh fruit with Kevin and Shaine.

We took Maggie out for a walk. The coast felt so warm. I'm going to let you in on a little secret; the winter is the best time to visit the coast in Northern California.

Madie was kind of freaked out by the waves at first, which is how she reacted in Saipan and when we went beach camping for Labor Day. She finally warmed up to it when we got some water buckets and shoves to dig around the sand with. Also helped having Rion and Amelia to play with.

Bethany and Mal.


More photography...this just shows you the fog rolling in at sunset.

Sunset.

The crew decided to come out for the sunset. Madie kindly dismissed me by saying "Bye bye Dadda. Go away" multiple times. I didn't think I would embarrass her in front of her friends this early in life!

For this one, I simply said "Show me your bellies." They both happily obliged.

This high chair was a hot commodity for Madie. She was pretty jealous if anyone looked at it.

Water was spilled three or four times at this dinner alone.

What would a New Years be without sparklers of some sort?

Happy New Year! We are excited for 2012!

1 comment:

ML said...

The photos look beautiful, but I think the photographer's eye has as much or more to do with it than the camera. Good job Mike!