I am in a grouchy mood. Very grouchy. Not all day or anything--in fact, parts of the day have been delightful--but right now I'm grouchy. And the biggest problem with this kind of grouchiness is that it's very hard to explain. I got a decent night's sleep last night. I'm not stressed out about anything I can think of. The Fi has been in a pretty good mood all day--not spectacular but pretty good. Mike even cleaned up the kitchen, dining table, and living room and is now outside with the kid.
It could be because despite the decent night's sleep I'm still very tired and when I tried to get a nap in SOMEONE was throwing a fit.
It could be because on my four-mile walk with Lady Fi today I noticed the house of my dreams no longer had the sale sign posted out front. No, there was no chance of us ever buying it (it's in the $500K range) but still...
It could be because I know I need to get some spring cleaning done and I definitely need to finish some projects so I can start on others, and yet all day I have lacked any desire to do any of this. I don't even have a vision of the finished product in my mind to make me plow ahead.
It could be because my right arm has been aching all day.
It is definitely partly because I have had a craving for sweets two solid days now and I have not satisfied it. Not one little bit. The thing is, this is not a craving that can be satisfied with a piece of toast with jam or a Twix bar or something. No. This is Craving. It's an entity. I've almost called it by a gender-biased pronoun a couple of times already.
It could be because despite the decent night's sleep I'm still very tired and when I tried to get a nap in SOMEONE was throwing a fit.
It could be because on my four-mile walk with Lady Fi today I noticed the house of my dreams no longer had the sale sign posted out front. No, there was no chance of us ever buying it (it's in the $500K range) but still...
It could be because I know I need to get some spring cleaning done and I definitely need to finish some projects so I can start on others, and yet all day I have lacked any desire to do any of this. I don't even have a vision of the finished product in my mind to make me plow ahead.
It could be because my right arm has been aching all day.
It is definitely partly because I have had a craving for sweets two solid days now and I have not satisfied it. Not one little bit. The thing is, this is not a craving that can be satisfied with a piece of toast with jam or a Twix bar or something. No. This is Craving. It's an entity. I've almost called it by a gender-biased pronoun a couple of times already.
8 comments:
so go buy some swedish fish and eat a bag? make yourself cup cakes? what's the deal Mal? It isn't like it's gonna kill you to eat a little sugar.
Well, I'm really, really, REEEally trying to wait until this weekend (thank heavens we count Fridays off as the start of the weekend in this house). We set a rule in the house about six months ago or so that we would keep sweets to the weekends as much as possible. It's not a hard-and-fast rule (we're not into hard-and-fast rules when it comes to dieting) but we do both try to follow it. Anyway, last week it seemed that we just kept running into sweets and now I'm going through major withdrawals.
I feel you on the withdrawals from sweets. I cannot believe you have been doing it for six months straight!!! Way to go!
We have been doing this for only 3 weeks now and it is seriously killing me! Some days are easier than others but sometimes my mouth just needs some sugar!
PSHHH! Sweet fast?! I had three cookies today! I probably shouldn't go around admitting things like that. But I would never be able to separate myself from sugar. So good for you! Maybe you can eat an orange with some splenda sprinkled on top.
Tani: A) I don't do Splenda. It's the real deal or nothing. B) Three cookies? THREE? Yeah, that would almost count as a sugar fast for me. I'm talking serious sweet tooth. I've made a whole batch of molasses cookies before and eaten them ALL. That's like 24 cookies to myself. Alone. In 36 hours.
Maybe it's not the sugar you crave. Maybe it's the iron in the molasses. The iron. Right. That's probably it.
Gee, Mum...I think you may be right. Well, I guess I'll have to make some molasses cookies tomorrow. Or tonight. If I make them tonight then I can make peanut butter cookies tomorrow and get my quota of protein as well!
hmmm... iron??? ;) Anyway, I will refrain from certain cookie comments I could make. This is a great post. I know this feeling exactly.
Post a Comment